Our Military Is Facing A Perfect Storm

Started by redcliffsw, July 05, 2010, 09:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Diane Amberg

I guess I really don't understand the problem. What do straight males in civilian life do if approached by a gay male ? They can't say no, not interested and that's the end of it? They get all red faced and lose the ability to talk?  Are our soldiers afraid some guy will sneak up on them at night?   These tough young men turn into mush at the idea of being approached? What happened to"just say no?" I doubt gay males are on the make all the time, any more than the rest of males are in the military. No, they shouldn't have to have different housing, and no gay males should not take advantage of the situation and should be disciplined if they do. They need to understand that their presence does make some men uncomfortable. I have talked to some friends about this before.
"Men who are secure with their own masculinity will have no problem." That's a quote from one of my young marine friends who is thankfully home now to stay. Perhaps straight men should have a little training in how to say no since it doesn't seem to come naturally. I'm sure in battle they all have the same thing in mind... do your job and don't die. So our soldiers are going to quit rather than learn to deal with it? I wonder how many straight military males have ever actually had an unwanted encounter? Is the problem  "real or rumor?" Is it a lot of "what ifs?" I gather from what I read recently there aren't a lot of extra qualified, trainable people beating down the gates to join up. Perhaps they better learn to live with what they can get. Patriots come in all sorts. Can we afford to waste any?

Varmit

Front line combat troops do not want queers serving in the ranks, period.  That is the only thing that should be considered.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Do you always expect to get what you want? Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the enemy military are gay? That would make being captured interesting.

Varmit

You're right Diane, lets just take our fighting men, put them in harms way, expect them to die for country, seperate them from their families, not pay them very much, and then when we want to make a change in policy, not ask for their input whatsoever.  I mean afterall, who cares what they think they're just soldiers right?  They're just the ones doing the fighting and dying while our gov't forces changes on them without so much as asking for their opinion on it, all in the name of being Politically Correct. 

Just out of curiosity, how can a person say that they support our troops when they don't consider what the troops want?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

jerry wagner

Quote from: Varmit on July 05, 2010, 07:00:58 PM
You're right Diane, lets just take our fighting men, put them in harms way, expect them to die for country, seperate them from their families, not pay them very much, and then when we want to make a change in policy, not ask for their input whatsoever.  I mean afterall, who cares what they think they're just soldiers right?  They're just the ones doing the fighting and dying while our gov't forces changes on them without so much as asking for their opinion on it, all in the name of being Politically Correct. 

Just out of curiosity, how can a person say that they support our troops when they don't consider what the troops want?

They are paid to do a job.... they volunteer to join... if they do not like the conditions, they should not enlist.

jarhead

Varmit,
I wondered how long it would take our military hating, arm chair General, from the north to weigh in on this---didn't take long for him to crawl out from under his rock and spew sewage from his pie hole on matters he knows nothing about. If he wants to say that's a personal attack, then so be it. He looks down his nose at the very people that gave him the freedom to speak his mind.
Diane, I have no doubt if you say your Marine friend said he has no problem with them lifting the DADT policy---then he must of said it, but I an in contact with many, many non active duty Marines and talk to quite a few active duty Marines and I have yet to talk to a single one that wants the ban lifted---not a one. General Conway, the Commandant of the Corps, says if the gays are permitted to serve openly they will be housed in separate barracks as long as he's commandant. No doubt if he don't retire first he will be relieved of command when the time comes. I don't know why I even worry about it. My senior drill instructor from back in 1968 is a retired Sgt Maj, He served 3 tours on the drill field sandwiched between his three tours in Nam. He retired in 1979 but even last Nov 10th was the guest speaker at MCRD, Drill Instructor school, San Diego, for the Marine Corps birthday ball. His name is still on a plaque at MCRD for putting more honor platoons thru than any other DI. I tell you this just so you know the man has been around . He says although one might slip through the cracks just like they've always done, the active duty DI's will give the boot to anyone they think that might be homosexual, and it aint too hard for them to find a reason to give anyone the boot. Is that the right thing to do ?? I don't know but the Corps has a pretty good track record for doing things their way and it seems to work.

Varmit

Jerry, I would really, really like to meet you in person.  By the way...do the letters F  Y mean anything to ya?

jerry wagner

Quote from: Varmit on July 05, 2010, 08:05:02 PM
Jerry, I would really, really like to meet you in person.  By the way...do the letters F  Y mean anything to ya?

Yes, they show your maturity.  BTW, funny how you think that violence (which I assume that your "desire" to meet me in person means) will display how your opinion is correct.

jerry wagner

Quote from: jarhead on July 05, 2010, 08:02:25 PM
Varmit,
I wondered how long it would take our military hating, arm chair General, from the north to weigh in on this---didn't take long for him to crawl out from under his rock and spew sewage from his pie hole on matters he knows nothing about. If he wants to say that's a personal attack, then so be it. He looks down his nose at the very people that gave him the freedom to speak his mind.
Diane, I have no doubt if you say your Marine friend said he has no problem with them lifting the DADT policy---then he must of said it, but I an in contact with many, many non active duty Marines and talk to quite a few active duty Marines and I have yet to talk to a single one that wants the ban lifted---not a one. General Conway, the Commandant of the Corps, says if the gays are permitted to serve openly they will be housed in separate barracks as long as he's commandant. No doubt if he don't retire first he will be relieved of command when the time comes. I don't know why I even worry about it. My senior drill instructor from back in 1968 is a retired Sgt Maj, He served 3 tours on the drill field sandwiched between his three tours in Nam. He retired in 1979 but even last Nov 10th was the guest speaker at MCRD, Drill Instructor school, San Diego, for the Marine Corps birthday ball. His name is still on a plaque at MCRD for putting more honor platoons thru than any other DI. I tell you this just so you know the man has been around . He says although one might slip through the cracks just like they've always done, the active duty DI's will give the boot to anyone they think that might be homosexual, and it aint too hard for them to find a reason to give anyone the boot. Is that the right thing to do ?? I don't know but the Corps has a pretty good track record for doing things their way and it seems to work.

Yes, jarhead, to disagree with you or to state a contrary opinion is hating the military.  Shows how well you understand English.  Typically tired old thread about to disagree with you means I don't support the military... grow up, find a new storyline.  We can have contrary opinions and still support the military.  My father, grandfather and great grandfather all served and I support their devotion especially since none of them had a choice in the matter, doesn't mean that I cannot disagree with policy. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk