Scene in Elk County

Started by Wilma, June 25, 2010, 03:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Janet and I found this in western Elk County this morning.  It was such a beautiful sight that I had to take pictures.  The first one is au naturale.  The second one I fiddled with the little distance thingee.

Frank, I know this is old hat to you, but I had never seen a setup for drilling before.

frawin

Good pictures Wilma, brings back memories of my youth years. Wilma, one of the rigs I worked on the crew was, Wilbur Craig, Peewee Lorance, Bill Boss, and me. During the embargo days in the late 70s early 80s the rigs lit up at night in West Texas was an awesome sight. Thanks for sharing.
Frank

Ms Bear

One of my son's lives at Odessa, TX and he said the lights from the rigs around Fort Stockton is a sight to see.  A lot of drilling there right now.

Ms Bear

Wilma's pictures are a lot prettier though.  They are really good pictures.

Wilma

Thank you, Ms. Bear.  There isn't anything prettier than the hills in Elk County.

Janet Harrington

As you can tell, we were up on the county road looking down into the valley.  This is north of Clear Creek Cemetery on Allen Cummings.  It was beautiful.  After reading your posts, I wish I had time to drive out there at night and take a picture of the rig.

Roma Jean Turner

One more adventure for me to put on my list of things to check out when I finally get moved to Moline.  I'll be driving every back road for awhile, just to see where it goes.  I agree with you Wilma about the hills of Elk Co.  I so look forward to being there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk