Water, Water, Everywhere............

Started by patyrn, June 14, 2010, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Here in Edmond/Oklahoma City we have a real mess......................10 inches of rain from 5 a.m. this morning to about noon with major flooding and road closures.  Our subdivision is high enough that we have no problems, but a neighboring area has houses with water nearly up to the rooftops.  Little bitty creeks became monstrously violent out of their confines, and luckly we have heard of no injuries but alot of rescues from stranded cars and homes going on.  This afternoon brought sunshine, and now at 5 p.,m. it is clouding up and beginning to rain again.........................

Diane Amberg

Oh my word! I skipped the news tonight, I'll have to go look. Glad no injuries so far. My Aunt Courtenay lived in Edmond for many years after my Uncle Jacob Amberg (the firefighter) died. I hope the next round doesn't amount to much. Prayers for all.

sixdogsmom

Karen, I have been thinking about you all day. Ten inches of rain is hard to imagine, but in this country anything is possible. Happy that you are safe and dry but prayers for all those who are suffering from Mother Natures' little tirade.  :'(
Edie

larryJ

Karen, I had heard on the news about OK city, but I heard it was more to the north.  Glad you are okay.  Stay safe and dry.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Ms Bear

So glad you are safe.  Hope tonights rain isn't to bad.

patyrn

Larry,

I live in Edmond, which IS the north of OKC.  We have gotten hammered........................and now at 9:45 p.m. there is alot of lightning forming and I hear thunder, so more rain might not be far behind..........................

patyrn

It's a beautiful morning in Edmond/OKC filled with lots of sunshine.   What a difference a day makes....................

Wilma

What is the total rainfall you have had from this system?  Here on the west side of Howard, we had a drip last night.  A total for the week of 2 inches.

patyrn

There are various reports from different parts of town, but from 5 a.m. to noon yesterday, we had 10.3 inches at our house.  Last night it rained a bit, but hopefully it is done now so the ground will be able to dry out.  We live on the northwest side of OKC.  I'm just hoping this isn't our rain quota for the summer and we end up having a drought later on.  Crazy weather patterns.......

ddurbin

What did you folks down there do to upset Mother Nature?  She seems to have a real vendetta against you lately.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk