DURBIN, John Thaddeus "Jack" - b. April 12, 1932 - d. June 6, 2010

Started by patyrn, June 07, 2010, 09:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

John Thaddeus "Jack" Durbin, age 78, a resident of Moline, Kansas, passed away Sunday, June 6, 2010 at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas.  Jack was born on April 12, 1912 in Moline, Kansas, the son of John Webb and Edith Opal (Lynam) Durbin.

Through Jack's life, he worked as a rancher, in insurance sales , and did bookkeeping for a care home in Phoenix, Arizona before retiring.  He was a member of the Moline United Methodist Church and the Ferguson-Spease American Legion Post #388 in Moline.  As a Boy Scout, Jack attained the rank of Egle Scout.

Jack is survived by his daughter, Dana Dian Gillespie and her husband, Ed of Wichita, Kansas; one brother, Ronald R. "Corky" Durbin of Moline, Kansas; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.  He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Gene Durbin.

Graveside funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, June 10, 2010 at the Moline Cemetery in Moline, Kansas.  Public viewing will be Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.  Family suggests memorial contributions to Elk County Rodeo Association or the Moline United Methodist Church and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Diane Amberg

larryJ

So sorry to hear this.  Jack and I share a common ancestor in Richard Lee Lynam.  That would be his great-grandfather and my great-great grandfather.  I believe I have that right.  I don't recall ever having met him, but he was probably at one of the Lynam family reunions in the earlier years. 

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Roma Jean Turner

I'll remember to tell this to his daughter Dana.  My step sister, her mother, and Jack were married many years ago.  Dana does have an interest in family history.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk