KNIGHT, A. Joan (Weyrauch) - b. May 13, 1932 - d. June 5, 2010

Started by patyrn, June 06, 2010, 12:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Agnes "Joan" (Weyrauch) Knight, died Saturday, June 5, 2010 in the Eureka Nursing Center in Eureka, Kansas. at the age of 78. She was born May 13, 1932 in Howard, Kansas, the daughter of John P. and Jesse C. (Bacus) Weyrauch.

Joan grew up working with cattle, chickens, and horses on her father's farm until she graduated from Howard High School in 1950.  She married Cleve Knight on August 12, 1950 in the St. Mary's Catholic Church in Moline, Kansas where she was a member.  Cleve died December 8, 2003.

She was a homemaker and worked as a cook in the Hamilton Schools and later worked at Prairie Hills Health Care in Eureka in the laundry and housekeeping until she retired in the mid-1990s

Joan is survived by two sons, Steve and Randy Knight of Hamilton, Kansas;  three daughters, Mary Jane Bales and Becky Snovelle of Cottonwood Falls, Kansas and Shawnda Stone of Lawrence, Kansas; seven grandchildren; and twelve great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her husband, two infant brothers, and a stepmother. 

The memorial service will be held on Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. in the Hamilton Community Fellowship Church in Hamilton, Kansas.  Instead of flowers, the family suggests memorial donations to the Eureka Nursing Center Special Care Unit.  Contributions may be sent in care of the Wilson Funeral Home, P.O. Box 488, Madison, Kansas 66860.

(taken from the Emporia Gazette website)

frawin

I just found this, our thoughts and prayers are with Joan's family, she was a really neat and special person. Joan was in my sister Phyllis's class and used to come to our house some. Joan's parents and my parents were good friends. Her husband Cleve and my brother Wes hung out together as both of them loved and had horses. After my brother Wes left Howard, Cleve used to pick me up and I would ride horses with him. I am sure their family has many fond memories to help them through this difficult time.
Frank Winn

Janet Harrington

Joan was cremated and will be buried at the St. Mary's Catholic Cemetary.  The church does not know, yet, if there will be a ceremony, but that news will be told soon as the family is coming down Tuesday the 8th to see if it is possible to bury her beside her mother and father.  If I learn anything about a graveside service, I will let you know.

Wilma

Joan was my husband's cousin.  I didn't get to know her very well as our paths didn't cross much.  I married and moved away.  She married before we came back to God's country.  My husband always thought well of her.  They were closer when they were small children as my husband's father had died young and some of the children lived with Grandma Weyrauch for awhile.

Yes, Larry, Joan was your step-cousin for awhile, being Aunt Bernadine's stepdaughter.

larryJ

Thanks, Wilma, I was going to ask, obviously, because of the Weyrauch name.  I didn't know and never met any of John Weyrauch's former family.  I was never aware that Aunt Bernadine had a step-daughter.  Then again, it is possible I was told when I was a child, but the memory didn't stay with me.  Thanks again for clearing that up for me.

I will also offer my condolences to the family.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk