CLAYTOR, Loretta "Kay" (Edwards) - b. March 6, 1943 - d. May 29, 2010

Started by patyrn, May 31, 2010, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Loretta "Kay" Claytor, age 67, a resident of Longton, Kansas, passed away Saturday, May 29, 2010 at her home.  She was born on March 6, 1943 in Upola, Kansas, the daughter of Merrill Montgomery and Bonnie Isabel (Troutman) Edwards.

Kay was known as a hard working business woman.  She had been a business owner since 1979, owning the Longton Grocery Store as well as cafes.  On May 9, 1982, Kay was united in marriage to Richard Walcott Claytor in Longton, Kansas, and he survives at their home.

Kay is also survived by five sons, Frederick A. "Bud" Kill, Robert J. "Mack" Kill, and Richard M. "Rick" Kill, all of Longton, Kansas, Mark Claytor of Arkansas City, Kansas, and Sean Claytor of Eureka, Kansas;  three daughters, Stephanie Kill of Longton, Kansas, Jennifer Thomas of Independence, Kansas, and Dee Anna Claytor of Wichita, Kansas; two brothers, Steve Edwards of Elk Falls, Kansas and Ronald Edwards of Longton, Kansas; five sisters, Robby Dulin of Coffeyville, Kansas, Genny Mechtley of Elk Falls, Kansas, Ginger Cooley, Jo Vestal, and Lotus McDow, all of Longton, Kansas; twenty grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.  She was preceded in death by her parents, one brother, and two sisters.

Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at the Claytor residence located at 901 Delaware, Longton, Kansas.  Visitation will be from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas.  Interment will be held at the Elk Falls Cemetery.  Family suggests memorial contributios to the Longton Recreational Fund and may be left with the funeral home.  Online contributions may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

sixdogsmom

I am so sorry to hear of Kays' passing, she was a great lady.  :'(
Edie

Ole Granny

Went to grade school with Kay when she lived in Moline. Always enjoyed the family as they lived close to us.  She will be missed.
Sympathy to the family.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Our condolences to Ron and all of the Family.
Frank and Myrna

Judy Harder

this lady has left a big footprint in Longton, Heck, in Elk County. I can't remember a time, since I moved to Longton
in 1978 that Kay hasn't been around somewhere. We did visit with the school board, because of our sons. LOL at that time I was
not amused. Something about painting a school bus during a halloween prank. Yep, that did happen.

What a legacy she has left her kids, if they all can cook like she did. So far where ever I have eaten, I have not been disappointed.
I mostly will miss her warm smile when I go into the store and extra steps she would take to make sure I had what I needed.

Rest in peace KAY. I know you are in the arms of Jesus and am pretty sure that the talking hasn't stopped since you got up there.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Clubine Ranch

Kay will be missed by so many. She was a very hard worker and a very kind person. Our condolences to the family. Dale and Barbara

greatguns

jarhead

Thanks all for the kind words and a happy 89th birthday tomorrow to your Mom greatguns

Diane Amberg

greatguns

I'm not Jar, but Kay was Jar's oldest sister and my dear cousin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk