Snake identification

Started by Janet Harrington, May 24, 2010, 08:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Someone please tell me what kind of snake this is.  A guy I work with says it is a copperhead.  I think it is a bull snake.

Marcia Moore

Tim and I both think it is a bull snake. 

W. Gray

If it is a Cessna Snake, it is more than likely a Citation or a Caravan.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Not a copperhead. Their color patches are more red, larger, plainer and not so busy. I vote bull snake.

sixdogsmom

Not a copperhead, look at the long skinny tail. This is a good snake, he eats copperheads and mice. Don't kill it!
Edie

W. Gray

If it has a triangular shaped head, better stay away.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

We don't kill snakes out here.  We try to leave them alone and let them go away if possible.  Anyway, on facebook, we all agree it is a bull snake, not a copperhead.  It was a small snake, about 1.5 feet long.  I got as close as I was going to get.  Anyway, it left on its own.

Waldo, it could have been a Cessna Skycatcher which is the smallest plane we make.  LOL

Delbert

Was it a snake in the grass?

Delbert

It could be a sneaky snake, be careful cause he will drink all of your rootbeer.  Tom T. Hall.

Dee Gee

It is a BAD snake because all good snakes are dead ones.  :laugh:
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk