sirens

Started by flo, April 27, 2010, 08:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

This is my mode of local information.  I was awakened by sirens shortly after 1:00 A.M.  I'm sure it was fire sirens, but went back to sleep before the scanner gave much information.  Anybody know?  Hope it wasn't as bad as it sounded in the middle of the night.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

I never heard any truck go out, so I assumed that it was a false alarm or prank.

Mom70x7

House burned on northwest corner of Penn and Randolph (106 N Randolph). Don't remember who lives there now, but it's where Johnny Miller's son used to live. Grease fire. Everybody's safe - one dog died.

Haven't been by the house to see, but am told it's totally gutted and gone.

Diane Amberg

Grease fire at 1:00 am? Must have been forgotten on the stove. Hope they had smoke detectors. Glad everyone got out. Sorry the dog didn't make it, that's sad.

Mom70x7

Was told father was making French Fries - either spilled grease or it splattered when he put fries in.

Diane Amberg

That's a real shame. :P

Teresa

The man was making french fry's and the grease caught fire and immediately went up the back wall behind the stove. Derek said that the cabinets were right over the stove and after years of cooking the grease had built up and it was a sure thing if  there was any kind of any kind of grease flair up.
I think it started also in a mater of seconds to spread across the cabinet and she threw water on it.. which really set it off full bore.. He tried to throw flour on it but that was futile too.
John Miller Jr had used old sawdust pressed board for a ceiling... with LOTS of glue..( which is like adding gas to a fire)
Derek said big globs of glue fire were plopping off the ceiling making those zinger sounds..catching everything else on fire.
He said that they fought it until after 5 in the morning.
Thats all I know. But it is totally ruined and gutted.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

As black as it is, I'm surprised the walls are still standing.

A couple of us wondered if water had been thrown.

Thanks for the update.

I haven't heard - did they find another place to live? Is there a fund started for them somewhere?

Diane Amberg

Hmmmm.....sorry they never got to take my class. They must have lost everything. That's a real shame.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk