SHANKS, Willis "Wayne" - b. September 3, 1927 - d. April 12, 2010

Started by patyrn, April 15, 2010, 05:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Willis "Wayne" Shanks, age 82, of Sedan, Kansas, passed away Monday, April 12, 2010 at the Pleasant Valley Nursing Home in Sedan.  He was born September 3, 1927 in Longton, Kansas to Neil and Myrtle (Snyder) Shanks.

He attended and graduated from Longton High School.  He served in the United States Army until being honorably discharged.  He married Mary Campbell, and they later divorced.  He worked as a laborer on the Santa Fe Railroad.

He is survived by one brother, Larry Shanks of Pittsburg, Kansas; two sisters, Sharon Minnis of Brunswick, Missouri and Edwina Mason of Atwood, Kansas; and one brother-in-law, James Banning.  He was preceded in death by his parents; one brother, Kenneth Richard Shanks; and two sisters, Wanda Jean and Dorris Meryle.

Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday,k April 16, 2010 at the Pleasant Valley Manor Nursing Home in Sedan, Kansas.  Inurnment will follow at a later date at the Longton Cemetery in Longton, Kansas.

(taken from the David W. Barnes Funeral Home website)

Ole Granny

My sympathy to the family.  Wayne always had a kind word and smile for me.  He was my friend.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Jo McDonald

I went to high school with Wayne -- My sister Helen graduated in the same class with his sister Edwina, in 1949.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk