Elk County Hellcats

Started by W. Gray, April 02, 2010, 03:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

I usually get my Prairie Star a week later than the publication date.

When received, I usually read the items that jump out at me and then lay the paper aside. Later, I go over each issue with a finer reading.

In going back to one of the March issues, I noticed that previously in January 2010, an individual had been arrested in Elk County and charged with two counts of aggravated criminal threat causing terror, evacuation, or disruption. In my mind, I immediately connected this with the courthouse "lockup."

During that same month of January 2010, another Elk County individual was charged with one count of battery.

During that same month of January 2010, another Elk County individual was charged with two counts of battery and one count of disorderly conduct.

The common thread among these three individuals, shown above, was that they were all female.

One male was charged that month with battery and disorderly conduct.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Catwoman

ROTFLMBO... ;D :o ;D...

It takes a strong woman to live in Elk County...It's not just legally designated as a Frontier County (less than 6 people per square mile), it is a place where only the resourceful and determined will survive...You have to plan ahead and stock up on staples...You have to be able to survive the electricity going out whenever a puff of wind passes by...You have to be able to make do and do it successfully when the closest thing to a superstore is a good 45 minutes to one hour away...

Why on earth would any woman living in that paradise ever feel the need to reach out and touch someone?   :o

Diane Amberg

Cat, that's good one for sure. I could handle it all but the water woes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk