Bonnie is all Right

Started by Wilma, April 04, 2010, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I have been getting reports of a 7.2 earthquake in Mexico that reached the San Diego/Los Angeles area.  I finally e-mailed Bonnie and she says that they got shook up a little, but no damage.  As she puts it, Easter was nice, brunch was nice, cards were nice, we got shaken up and that is our day in a nutshell.  I am glad that was all.  I am just waiting for the news to see what kind of damage there was. 

Have there been more earthquakes than usual lately or does it just seem that way to me?

Janet Harrington

Oh, Mother, I need to get the movie "2012" so you can watch it.  Anyway, Jim has a high school friend that we call Brownie that lives north of L.A.  I have e-mailed him to find out if they suffered anything or just felt tremors.  Haven't heard back, yet.

Mom70x7

Susan Peters, from KAKE tv, is in California right now. She reported that there was no serious damage, but that the quake felt like the ground was similar to an ocean wave that kept going on and on and on.

Bonnie M.

Susan Peters used to be on our San Diego T. V. stations out here.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that she was on KAKE, when we were visiting back there. 

Her description was the same as I would describe the earthquake.  I guess it only lasted for 11 seconds, but it seemed like it was much longer than that.  It's kind of like when "we" have the thunder storms in Kansas, and the house shakes.  We had the shaking, with no thunder storm.  It takes a while for the message to get to the brain, that, "we're having an earthquake!"

We're very thankful that there was no damage here in Escondido, that I know of, even though San Diego did have some broken glass, broken water lines, and some structural damage.

Bonnie

Jo McDonald

So glad to hear that all is well with you and yours.

Stay safe, my dear friend.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

Sure glad to hear Bonnie and everyone is OK. checked on other friends out there and everyone was "shake, rattle and roll" but  no injuries either.

Wilma

There has been another big earthquake.  This time in Indonesia.  Haven't heard much about it yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk