I Am Tired

Started by Judy Harder, December 19, 2009, 07:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: larryJ on December 22, 2009, 09:11:30 AM
  I think the point here is not so much as whether that person is an "expert", but that an expert should be recognized with or without an official piece of paper in their hand.

Larryj
Your right and unfortunately unless you jump through hoops your not expert enough until you get a piece of paper that says your expert enough.
Its funny, i've been in college classes and the professor having a phd (supposedly expert of experts), and he was teaching us that data travels only in one of two ways either analog or digital and that you can't mix them.  I disagreed with him in class and showed him how to get digital and analog signals to travel down the same path together.  I even showed him that i could get multiple signals to travel down the same path.
He was quite miffed and astounded at the same time. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

So my 40 years experience was worth nothing. Gee, thanks. I guess I'll go work at McDonalds if that's all I'm good for.

Catwoman

Diane, those who can, teach...Those who can't, talk about it. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on December 23, 2009, 08:22:06 PM
Diane, those who can, teach...Those who can't, talk about it. 
Usually those who don't teach are out there applying it.  I can teach all day long about computers, operating systems, networks, sans, lans, wans, satellite, microwave, from the smallest pda to a cray computer, but i don't. I integrate them, and make them work.  Shrug  If someone wanted to learn how to do it, all they would have to do is watch me do it.  I can also build high preformance engines for cars, rebuild small motors, fix small engine implements, fix just about any appliance out there, if its mechanical i can do it.   I can also frame, roof, plumb, and do electrical as well as cook a fine 7 course meal and propagate plants from a cutting off of a stem.   
If i was to teach it, i would never learn better ways to implement it.   
Right now i am teaching myself animal husbandry, as well as beekeeping. 
Anyone can teach themselves.  They just have to have the desire to learn.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

kshillbillys

Very good point Steve! Merry Christmas all!!   ;D
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk