Jury Nullification

Started by redcliffsw, December 04, 2009, 09:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 17, 2009, 01:52:28 PM
How? The court systems are already bogged down. Was that piece written by by a high school student as an assignment or was it real? There are some things about it that don't ring true.
Diane, I'm only 48 and I have known about jury nullification and have used it in about half of the juries i have served on.  Given the example in the article, that fella on trial was facing 20 years for a joint.  I would not condemn this man and take 20 years of his life for a joint. Sorry, its morally wrong even more than his violation of the law. 

We hear it all the time people bitching about how a murderer can get less time than someone stealing.  Why is that? The law is wrong.  Murderes can get out in 7 years on their sentence while a fellow like that recent guy uhmm Bernie madoff got 140 years and will never get out.  Why?   He stole money.  Money is not taking a life.   So our forefathers were very wise men and knew that we would face tyrannical laws and gave us the power to stop these laws in their tracks.  Oh and the reason why the judges don't tell us is, they cannot nullify jury nullification and they cannot remove it from our constitutional rights unless they destroy the constitution which cannot be done because they cannot amend anything written in the constittuion prior to 1800.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk