I have to tell you all about my best friend Connie

Started by debid, August 10, 2009, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debid

I'm serious ya'll!  If you don't have a good friend like I do in Connie I'm sorry for you.   

I went to Emporia this last weekend because my husband was on call for work and had to stay in Emporia.    I came back early afternoon on Sunday because I needed to prepare a few things for Monday and I always deep clean on Sundays. 

As soon as I came back to town I walked into the Donut shop and saw chairs pulled back away from the tables and went  ???  Then I smelled the clean smell of bleach  ??? As I walked back into the shop I saw trash cans all lined up in the hall  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  What the hell??? ??? ??? ??? As I kept walking I noticed all of my clean dishes were put away and the dish room scrubbed down and sparkling  ??? ??? ???  Then I walk into the fry room and it is gleaming too??   ??? ??? ??? Someone even scrubbed my finishing trays and rack and it was actually shinning?   ??? ??? ???  The whole danged shop was clean as a whistle.  ??? ??? ???  I can't tell you how surprised I was.   

There was not a question in my mind that my dear dear friend Connie took mercy on me out of the kindness of her heart and did this for me.  I swear I never even hinted for her to do this for me.   This lady took several hours of her day off to do something so wonderful for me!!   Connie saved me several hours of work and she did a better job than I would have done because I was already pooped from my weekend at home in Emporia with the Grandson.  ;D  Connie just somehow knew I needed a break and she gave it to me with no expectations. 

Ya'll have no idea what a jewel Connie is to me.   I cannot even begin to name everything she has done for me.  She has donated countless hours of her precious time to helping me at the shop.   She has went on millions of road trips with me.  She has prayed for me, she has been behind me 10000%.  I can't even begin to tell you how many times she has listened to me whine and cry because I have been so scared.  Almost daily Connie reminds me  "God will provide" and she has been right so far.   Somehow I have just squeaked by and been able to keep the doors open.   She has even kicked me in the ass a few times and told me not to give up.   With a friend like Connie behind me I can do anything!

Connie THANK YOU!!!  I love you with all of my heart and you are really a true friend.  I thank God for you every single day!!

Clubine Ranch

Friends are priceless, you are blessed! Thanks for sharing!

Catwoman

You are lucky to have someone in your life who gives without expectation of receiving...That is so rare.  So many have worlds that end at the end of their noses.  I remember Connie...And yes, she is a complete jewel!

patyrn

What a nice tribute to share with the world!  You are so fortunate to have such a good and supportive friend...........................

Teresa

Wonderful !!   Real  true friends are a Diamond from God! And I'm sure Connie feels the same about you too.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

WOW.... we sure could use Connie for a few hours at the 19th Hole.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

tessa&lyle

I have known Connie for about 4 months now and she IS a really wonderful lady.
Her and her family have taken our home and really made it something we couldn't due
to our jobs. Her girls did my hair, finger and toe nails last weekend for my wedding reception.
Connie made two gallons of hot and mild salsa for the reception, she helped put my boys' flowers
on their shirts at the reception...she is an AWESOME person. She has made an impact on my
life in the short time I have know her. :D

larryJ

"True friends know the song in your heart and when you forget, they are there to remind you of the words."

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Mom70x7

I've known Connie for many years - watched her kids grow up.

Connie is truly good people.

Teresa

Quote from: larryJ on August 11, 2009, 09:53:49 AM
"True friends know the song in your heart and when you forget, they are there to remind you of the words."

Larryj

How beautiful Larry................ I'm going to steal that saying........ :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk