Impounded Cars

Started by Wilma, May 17, 2009, 06:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Here's the answer to the impounded cars.  The sheriff has to research the cars, notify the owners, give them so many days to get the car, advertise in the county paper, then have an auction.  Doesn't sound as if there will be an auction any time soon.

Next question:  Is there storage being charged on these cars? 

Wilma

Quote from Elk County Commission minutes of meeting held on June 29:

"Abandoned Vehicles

Commisioner Hendricks asked Sheriff Hanks about the abandoned vehicles at District 2 road yard.  Sheriff Hanks will begin the process of disposing of the vehicles."

Way to go, Commish.

sixdogsmom

Squeaky wheels get the grease Wilma! Good job.  ;)
Edie

W. Gray

Good going Wilma.

I bet all along that you have had your eye on one that you want to place a bid. ;D
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

Not really, although there is a rather nice looking red pickup over there.  I just don't need another vehicle to not drive.  I sold my truck right after moving over here, but I could still use it if I wanted.  I would like to see all those inoperable things moved out of the road yard.  There would be more room for the road crew to use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk