More from Rev Manning

Started by redcliffsw, July 13, 2009, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsback

Never said they WOULD have been. I agree with you on that. I don't care about the black people part..I was just tryin to show what an idiot the guy is that he would say some of the things he says. God save me from the planet where guys like HIM are in charge.

Anmar

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on July 14, 2009, 10:27:39 PM
Pam, even with the quote you posted from his myspace page, the guy has a point.  Now before you blow me off, hear me out here.  Take a look at Africa, the genocide, rape, stavation, enslavement, mass murders...99.9% of which are carried out by blacks against other blacks.  And the numbers make the iraq/afghan losses, on both sides, look microscopic.  Look at our own inner city gang crime stats.  Bear in mind that the black population numbers in America are just a very small percentage of the worlds overall numbers.

Do I want to aspire to be that guy, no, but alot of what he says makes since.  For example, in one of his videos he says that the best thing to happen to blacks was being taken out of africa.  At that time in history almost every other civilization had evolved.  They built cities, empires, countries. Africans were still living in mud/dung hovels. 

Compare Africa to the rest of the world.  It is a contient rich in natural resources, yet its people are starving, AIDS is rampant, as are other diseases, like no other place on earth.  Do you honestly think that blacks in america today would have been better off if their ancestors hadn't been brought here?

Right, like none of that has ever happened in the history of other ethnicities.  ::)
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

It may have, but others have bettered themselves since.  Or have at least made an effort.  And if you'll go back and read pams quote, no other "ethnicities" were mentioned.  In the quote pam used, manning was talking about blacks.  So, I was trying to "stick with the issue" and stay on topic.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

QuoteRight, like none of that has ever happened in the history of other ethnicities.

Still happens..everyday....all over the world.

Anmar

Billy, when it comes to street gangs, the most prevalent ethnicity here in california actually aren't blacks, it's hispanics that are really the problem.  I would argue that the conditions of poverty, the hip-hop culture, and lack of an opportunity for advancement create a culture that breeds violence.  Anyone who grows up under a certain set of conditions has a strong chance of becoming involved with that culture, regardless of race.  We see it all the time out here, white gangs, asian, hispanic, black, etc.  In my city, we even have a Pakistani gang.

Africa is a different subject, but I would imagine along the same lines.  I don't think it's a coincidence that the poorest regions of Africa are also the most violent.

I'll try to stick more to the topic in future posts  :-[
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

I don't have a lot of time this morning, but let me say this.  Anmar, wheather you realize it or not, your post agrees with what manning says.  The hip-hop culture was started by and expressed mainly by who??? 

Lack of opportunity for advancement??? PLEASE....the only thing lacking is the grit and determination to pull themselves up.  For those of them who might be reading this, allow me in inject a few words into your vocabulary..Pell Grant, Scholarship, Student Loan.  Either one of these will provide them with the opportunity to advance. 
Using poverty as an excuse must be a racial and geographical thing.  If it wasn't then Elk county would be crawling with gang members, yet it is not, hmmmmm.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

frawin

Quote from ANMAR "Please, don't ask us smart people to do everything for you."
You are really full of yourself, even after seeing some of your post I can't believe you put this out there. It is easy to see why several people have said they don't read your post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk