Johnson Grass

Started by Wilma, July 20, 2009, 11:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Does anyone know if the City of Howard is going to do anything about the Johnson grass on private property?  Is it still a noxious weed?  I am asking because there are good stands of Johnson grass on two sides of my property.  I have sprayed what there was on my property and seem to have eradicated it, but I wonder for how long.  With seeds coming at me from the east and from the west, how long am I going to have to fight it?

Joanna

I understand the problem Wilma, but I don't think spraying is a good idea... the city did that in Oswego and over-spray killed a lot of people's landscaping.  Not that they would be careless, but it's just hard to get perfect conditions. 

I know it's not likely, but would be best if the property owners would just mow like they ought to.

Joanna

Oh, and I think a lot of people don't realize there is such a thing as noxious weed.  We looked at some property that was absolutely COVERED in Sericea Lespedeza.  We asked the realtor how they were handling it, and she said that the owners liked it there !?!  Said the goats could eat it and we didn't need to worry.  Ha!  We passed on that one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk