Man on the Street

Started by W. Gray, June 30, 2009, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

A Denver radio station today replayed the audio for some old video "Man on the Street" questions asked by Jay Leno, formerly of the Tonight Show. These videos were played at one time on that program.

The intent of the program is to ask some rather mundane questions to street passersby and see what kind of answers Jay would receive.

For instance, "In what country is the Great Wall of China located?" One person said she did not know.

When he asked "What does the C. in Washington, D.C. stand for?," one person responded with "Capital."

The best answer though came from a female. When he asked "Which president was known by the nick name 'Tricky Dick,' she quickly responded with "Bill Clinton."
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Tobina+1

My parents loved Jay Leno, and especially the street questions.  Sometimes it was flat embarrassing how little people knew about our country.  My only hope is that they chose the dumbest of the dumb to show on TV for entertainment purposes.

I saw an ad on TV that I didn't understand; is Jay coming back in the fall?  Or is he doing another type of TV show then?

Wilma

My understanding is that he will be doing a prime time show, much like the late night show was.  I think it is supposed to start in September.  Don't know for sure, though.

Teresa

I can not even laugh at these they are soooo pathetic!. Idiots ..  ::)I have not much patience with them.

you can see a ton of these videos of stupid people here:
http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/clips/jaywalking-916/664902/

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk