World Events.

Started by Teresa, June 02, 2009, 11:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

World events are shaping up pretty good now.  I was ignoring the Politics in the forum and not watching the news...but I couldn't stand the sand in my ears and nose ( I had my eyes shut ) and had to once again know what was going on and speak out occasionally. So I look and listen to the news and I am so encouraged about what's going on and how my confidence is inspired under our fine national leadership.
  Let's see, what's hot right now:

North Korea just detonated a nuke the size of Hiroshima and has more.
North Korea is ramping up the rhetoric and making more threats.
Japan is jumping out of their skin on this one.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the nuclear issue is over, time to move on.
Iran has sent 6 naval warships on the high seas.
Iran is rejecting all western nuclear proposals (gee, who would have thought that?)
Ahmadinejad wants to debate BHO on "world problems and collective cooperation."
50% of Israelis want an immediate strike on Iran (gettin' a bit late on that one)
Nancy Pelosi is off chasing rainbows and unicorns in China to get out of town for lying and pissing off the CIA to talk about energy and global climate change.
Sikh's are rioting in India because some Sikh killed another one in Austria.
Europe's demographics are to get really messy in a few years....the melting pot is bubbling right now.
Some idiot (eco-industrial-corporate-anarchist terrorist?) made a statement with a little bomb at a Starbucks in NY.
Everyone seems to have forgotten about Pakistan's nukes are close to falling into Taliban hands.
How about....Muslim terrorists?
The US economy has folded and tanked and...
Obama is our Commander-in-Chief..

I think it is somewhat Pollyanish to sleep any better now than at the height of the Cold War.  It'll just come in smaller, somewhat surreal, chunks now.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk