Knife Homicides Double in NY

Started by Teresa, April 28, 2009, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I guess where there is a will there is a way.

Will chefs now be on a watch list?
Can Bloomberg infiltrate those horrible knife show loopholes?

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nyknif0429,0,1177454.story

Let's see ... Banning guns hasn't worked  ???

Do you think we should ban knives, clubs, cars, trucks, tire irons ...  ???

Hey ... How about we just ban assault and murder  ;D

The problem isn't the tools, so start look at what is causing these problems and
FIX IT!!!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Sorry, Tersa, but sadly there is just no way to fix stupid.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Recent post had crime stats in the UK doing the same thing.

"Gun/Knife Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun and/or knife."

So the questions now are...
whats causing it?

and

what can be done about it?

My own personal solution .................................

What can be done about it?

When he pulls out his knife....................

PULL YOUR GUN AND SHOOT HIM !!

Which brings up the old q&a~~~~
- What happened to him?
Hmmm
He brought a knife to a gun fight.   ;D

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Let's see, I know what I'll do if some body points a gun at me. I'll look just above their head, scream "look out"! with an awful horrified look on my face  :o   and run like crazy!  ;D

Dee Gee

Diane, that might work with someone that has a knife but with a gun ( and they are a good shot) they can shoot you while you are running.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

Now you know I wasn't serious! ;D ;D ;D. Actually I'd be more afraid of the guy with the knife. I had a class with our police a few years ago on the safest way to approach a car and such. They told us many people with a gun won't actually shoot if we're not in their personal space, but someone with a knife will cut you if they are close enough. 

larryJ

As far as banning assault and murder, it already exists (read:  laws against).  However, I have a SOLUTION

Lets make every other person a law enforcement officer so that everyone has their own personal bodyguard.  That way nobody could kill or assault someone else because the bodyguard would be there to prevent it.  This solves the unemployment problem, the prison overcrowding problem, and a myriad of other probems. 

Oh wait----------------someone has to bodyguard the bodyguard-----------so that means everybody has to be a law enforcement officer.

Nope, that ain't gonna work.  You are right, Billy, ain't no way to fix stupid or even silly especially me.   Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk