Elk County Criminal Activity

Started by W. Gray, April 23, 2009, 12:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The last murder I am aware of that occurred in Elk County was in 93 or 94.

Were there any others in our lifetimes?

I have heard of a suspected one at the Poor Farm but that may have been before any of us were born.

Grenola has had a bank robbery. How about any of the other towns?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

Now that I think about it the murder in 93 or 94 was not in Elk County.

The shooter was from Elk County but the murder occurred in Allen County.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

There was the murder of the Moline man whose body was found in a refrigerator in a ditch in a pasture east of Grenola.  I can't recall the name now.  As far as I know the suspect is still in prison in Alaska.  We don't hear much about crime in Elk County as the current sheriff doesn't think the public needs to know.

frawin

Ole Granny

I have often wondered if anyone had been named as the suspect in Bill's death.  No one has been charged- correct?
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Wilma

Elk County has to wait till the sentence in Alaska has been served, then it might be a question of whether or not Elk County wants to pay to bring the suspect back to Elk County.  If they don't or if Alaska releases him without giving Elk County a chance to bring him back then it is probable that there will never be a trial.  The trip Janet made to Alaska was to interview a prisoner up there concerning this murder.  What she and the KBI agent that went with her found is on file at the sheriff's office.  None of us can say that this prisoner is guilty of this murder until he has been tried and found guilty, but there is a suspect and no, I don't know who he is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk