Howard water tower

Started by indygal, April 22, 2009, 04:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet (or if it has, I missed it), but doesn't the water tower look great now that it's been repainted? That is some attention-getting red paint, for sure! I had the privilege of watching the painting crew on numerous occasions and was amazed at how nimble and fearless they are. They did a fine job -- at least it looks that way from street-level, and I'm not about to climb up for a more thorough inspection!

PrehistoricRez

yeah it looks great, but how much did the cash strapped city waste on it?

pepelect

You either pay to have it repaired and repainted periodically or tear it down and replace it with a new one for $500-750 thousand...

Would you rather have no water reserve or a maintenance bill?  We can produce water and pump it to the homes with pumps but with the water tower you have a reserve to us so the pumps don't have to run all the time. It gives the fire department another hour of water to put out fires.   If you don't inspect it, repair it, and repaint it is won't work.

The city is not cash strapped.....unless no one pays their taxes, fees, and utility bills.....I think the city does a pretty good job of not spending any money.   Look at the fancy new truck.   Could have got a brand new one with full warranty, 0% interest, and a buy back if we lose our job, but no we got a used one with a practical utility bed that hopefully will not be in the shop all the time.

The water tower needs lights on it.   

Tobina+1

A fresh painted water tower in small towns is like a billboard advertising the town. 

Wilma

Isn't there some regulations on the upkeep of the water tower?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk