Cox Community Center and Broadband Internet?

Started by Leonardcrl, April 17, 2009, 12:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardcrl

I'm assuming that somebody here will know ;)
Does the Cox Community Center have a broadband internet drop that is accessible from the common area?

I will not be able to make my Cousin Bill Redmond's funeral but I could join in the family gathering on-line through the internet.

regards
-=Carl=-
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

Tobina+1

Sorry, I do not know the answer.  But if it doesn't, maybe someone can loan your family one of the SKTC wireless internet cards for the day.

MarkHall

I'm guessing that it DOESN'T.

The library does, but that's two blocks away and wouldn't be of much help. Only other option would be to have someone talk to Larry at the video store behind the Cox building... it may be close enough that you can get a connection via Larry's network. He works on computers and may have a wireless connection. He's right next door.

If you're super-duper nice to him, you might also be able to get him to run a Cat-5 cable across the yard and into the back door, if he doesn't have a wireless router.

It's "J &L Video" in Howard.

Good luck.

-Mark Hall

Leonardcrl

Thanks for the info folks.  I sorta of recalled from a couple of years ago that there was not a drop in the common area.  If I was able to be there I would have my own AT&T wireless card to bring other's in the family who won't be able to make it here. 

Admittedly I'm into the electronic "toys" but adding such a capability to the Cox Building might be a way to increase the rental.  :)  Maybe your friend Larry, or SKTC, or even the Zimmerman Funeral home should investigate.  Meanwhile I'll go investigate other options.
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

dogs20030

You are more than welcome to use our wireless from the video store if you would like. Come by the store or e-mail at jlvideo2001@carrollsweb.com for code. There is someone there from 9am to 8pm everyday. 

Leonardcrl

I'm not in Howard but you may have a couple nice ladies dropping by after the festivities which should have started about 20 minutes ago. 
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk