Slice of wry

Started by larryJ, April 18, 2009, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

In my local paper there is daily joke called, "Slice of wry".  I couldn't decide whether to put this here or in the chuckles area.  On a side note, I now know what the people of Howard and others on this forum do on Saturdays. I can't keep up with all of todays postings plus add my own.  Anyway, here is the "Slice of wry".

In these stressful economic times, an ice cream company has introduced a new flavor, "Barocky Road".  Barocky Road is a blend of half chocolate and half vanilla and surrounded by nuts and flakes.  The nuts and flakes are all very bitter and tremendously hard to swallow.  The cost is $200 per scoop. When purchased, this delicacy will be presented to you in a small but beautiful cone.  But then the ice cream will be taken away and given to the person in line behind you.  Thus you are left with an empty wallet, no change, holding an empty cone, with no hope of getting any ice cream. 

Are you feeling stimulated?              Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Choke :laugh:  But the ice cream of the person ahead of me in line will be given to me and I put it on my credit card and get flier miles with it. The solution....be last in line.  ;D ;D ;D

Varmit

Really Diane, tell that to the person who was in line first...
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Which, in the great scheme of life would be us old-timers.  (Excuse me, Jo, but sometimes old is just old.)

Diane Amberg

Ok, Billy , try this. The customers have an up rising, scream and yell and tell the ice cream dipper how stupid she is. She gets scared,  calls the police, who come and haul away the customers. Nobody gets anything, not even the cone. I come in later and get all  I want because I know the owner. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk