A Black opinion

Started by redcliffsw, April 17, 2009, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Uh the banks......Bush started that ball rollin it just finished up when Obama took over.

UH...same thing with the private business.

Uh....Nobody I know has been or will be disarmed.

Obama is not the first president or politician to play the "poor" people against the "rich" people

Just to out on a limb and leave myself open to being beat up some....the BASIC idea behind the fairness doctrine is not really a bad one. Having two opposing points of view would actually make talk radio a wee bit more interesting if you ask me. Who the heck wants to listen to some gomer just spout his own opinion over and over? I mean seriously....Personally I don't listen to talk radio. It bores me.

And just for the record.....again.......I did not vote for Obama...I do not think he was the best man for the job and I also do not think McCain was the man for the job OR do I think Palin was the right man for the job :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

Yes, Bush started the banks...obama could've stopped it but didn't.
If the current administration has their way owning firearms will be illegal. Why else would they want registration of every firearm? that is the first step in confiscation.

You're right he is not the first president to play the poor aginst the rich, but his administration has passed legislation to go after just a select few "rich". i.e. the AIG bonuses

As far as the fairness doctrine...whatever happened to freedom of choice.  If you don't want to listen to "some gomer just spout his own opinion over and over?" then don't.  But  don't force that radio host or station owners to change their programming (even though they are the number 1 listened to program in the nation) just because they don't give equal time to the other side.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

So what people are really pissed about is Obama didn't STOP what Bush and Cheney started? THAT'S a new one.

It's a misguided attempt to be able to trace crimes....it won't work but stupid people think it will.

As for the AIG bonuses I am one of those people who think they should NEVER have been paid. To give a guy millions of dollars for screwing people is just retarded. I'll stand by this one too.

I didn't say I agreed with the fairness doctrine being implemented......I said the basic idea behind it had merit, and it does.
If I had a station that did talk shows I would think my listener numbers would just go UP with a little controversy. I also wasn't just pickin on poor Rush...I think the same about BOTH sides.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

I agree that the AIG bonuses were wrong (morally)...but not illegal.  And yet the government went after them anyway with a post facto legislation.

I'm not saying that people are mad at obama for not stopping it.  There were alot of things that bush did that I don't agree with.  But getting back to the premise of this thread...the comparisson of hitler and obama is an accurate one.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

Welp guess we are just gonna have to agree to disagree yet again Lol.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk