can anyone explain?

Started by Clubine Ranch, December 24, 2008, 09:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubine Ranch

I do not understand the picture on Google when their page first opens up. When you run the cursor over it, it says"Happy Holiday 2008". Until last Christmas they ran really neat Christmas type pictures but the last two years are to me so very odd.  Anyone know the answer?

jerry wagner

They are by Dennis Hwang.  They are referred to as the "Google Holiday Doodles." Dennis is Google's international Webmaster but also designs the doodles.  I believe from looking at them, they represent a toymaker in the old fashion sense.  Using hand tools to create a "google" on his wood workbench.  Pretty Cool!  8)

Ole Granny

Try clicking on the picture, several different views will appear!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Clubine Ranch

Jerry, Had to laugh at myself as I was still not seeing what you described so I googled "Google Holiday Doodles" and when it came up it was so clear a picture and made sense. Thank you. Once again it pays to ask questions and not judge too quickly. Now I will try clicking on it a couple of times to see what it does.  Merry Christmas! Barbara

Clubine Ranch

Quote from: Ole Granny on December 24, 2008, 10:21:54 AM
Try clicking on the picture, several different views will appear!

How did you know to do that? Pretty neat. Thanks and Merry Christmas. Barbara

Ole Granny

I'm just a clicker.  It's amazing what you can find on the internet with just a click. :)  Merry Christmas!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk