FINDERS KEEPERS

Started by Wilma, November 22, 2008, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

She's welcome to come look at it any time

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

That got her out of her chair.  She will try to get over soon.  We have plans for tomorrow, but she won't forget.

srkruzich

Quote from: flo on November 24, 2008, 01:18:23 PM
have a couple things found by my late husband and his dad. One, found in the pages of an old bible that had been discarded, is a page from a journal dated Dec. 1808 on one side and on the other side Jan. 1809. Each side holds one month. Very small beautiful writing.  Appears to be a shop keeper.  On the left side it give the "time arose, time went to bed, day of week, day of month, direction of wind, state of the weather" then "remarks on passing events".  Such as Dec. 31, 1808 "We were alarmed by the cry of fire! directly after we opened the store in the morn. the corner house of water and south Street was burnt down.  ? left uncl?  The Market was small. "  I had to read this with a magnifying glass.  The other "find" was by my father in law.  He was hunting arrow heads and seen something sticking out of the river bank.  He dug it out and it is some sort of indian relic.  We call it "the rock".  It is carved and appears to be some sort of ceremonial bowl.  I have been told it is a shamun.  I tried to get tickets to the Antiques Roadshow, but was not selected.  Thought maybe I could finally find out just what it is. 

Be careful with things like that.  My sister found a site where there was a lodge at one time and the feds tried to sieze that property under a national heritage law. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

In that case, nobody will ever know what my daughter finds out about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk