Are Our freedoms In Toruble?

Started by Diane Amberg, November 06, 2008, 10:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

I think I see where you're coming from now... but you're not seeing the big picture and that is my fault.

On the outside the whole issue appears to be dealing with guns but it is much, much deeper than that. The core issue is our Constitutional rights. If they start banning guns, that means they are removing our Constitutional rights and the problem with that is... where does it end? What will they attack next... freedom of speech? No, they're already doing that actually. Religion is getting hit hard (more so intelligent design) and if they pass the Fairness Doctrine, radio will be the next to get hit hard with limitation on free speech. Anyway... like I said, the main issue is that it is an attack on our rights... not just guns. I guaranty you that nothing would make the democrats in D.C. happier than to ban all guns... and I guaranty that they will do anything and everything in their power to do that like say increasing tax on guns/ammo so much that no one can afford them. That is a big one that I think they will definitely attempt.

Speaking of the intelligent design deal above, if you believe in God you absolutely MUST watch Ben Stein's Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. It is an excellent documentary on how they are just about completely banning any mention of intelligent design... which isn't even part of any single religion, its simply the idea that life was created. What's so ironic and sad is that when you look at it... Darwinism is as much a religion as any other religion out there. Its pretty pathetic really, they get around calling it a religion but hiding it behind science. Anyway... definitely check out that movie (this goes for everyone who is a believer), its definitely an eye opener. I'm planning on buying it sometime soon so if you haven't seen by the time I get it I would be more than happy to loan it. ;)

greatguns

Ban my right to smoke in public.  WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ban my right to bear arms.  HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just depends on which side of the fence you're on.  And yes, depending on who has that firearm it could be hazardest to your health. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Teresa

This is what I believe is really behind all their gun related bans.  They make it sound noble and naive buy making it as public safety, however they are really afraid of the uprising the Second Amendment was put in place for.

A non responsive and non representative ruler is what our Founding Fathers fought to replace, and they wanted to make sure it never returned.

What some of the founding fathers thought about gun bans.

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
-- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
--James Madison, The Federalist Papers, No. 46

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

" ... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
-- George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380

"The great object is, that every man be armed ... Every one who is able may have a gun."
-- Patrick Henry, Elliot, p.3:386

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

redcliffsw

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is not for hunting deer and turkeys.  It's more........
See how Walter Williams explains it:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams032900.asp

Teresa

Another hot issue besides gun control is "talk radio".  Specifically, conservative talk radio.
You basically have your 2 areas that will be targeted. The religious and the political.
I personally don't listen to Christian radio..but I know that Christian broadcasters have spent a lot of time in the recent past to try and keep themselves on the air and churches doors open if they address Biblical issues that disagree with the liberal agenda.
  All of this verbal censorship ties up to what they are calling the "The Fairness Doctrine". It is just as dangerous as the strides that are being taken concerning the Assault Weapons Ban.
Watch the censorship come heavy in these avenues..!

Christian agenda might be where they start as they will slowly seep into other areas that are more difficult. ...This is not me just being paranoid.  I am basing this thought off the fact they have already tried this approach, and all they need to do is dust it off and tweak it ... just like the gun bans they openly admit that they now know where they failed and how to do it "right."

I think we should be "on the alert" for things to start to unfold.  An attack on one Right opens a crack that leads to attacks on all Rights!  We can't let any of that happen.
It only going to get worse. Whether you listen to Christian or Conservative or any other genre on talk radio or talk TV, it doesn't matter. We all must band together to stop any assault on our rights.
It must be met with force by letters and petitions etc...and only if necessary any other action deemed fit to the threat. If we ...'wait and see'... all is lost.

Since the only way we have right now, is by communication...start writing now on any and all subjects to your congressmen, senators (state & fed) as well as Pres, VP (including elects) as well as judges (all levels)... newsmedia & any other source possible. Write one letter..make copies and send them out. Also local community education (your churches & other organizations) for the ignorant... meaning the general public who have no clue about freedoms & their encroachment.

The below link is about how Obama may go about implementing "fairness of outcome" without actually passing any legislation.

Briefly, by using existing rules and regulations, liberals can just as effectively shut down conservative talk radio through threats and intimidation as they could through passing legislation.     This is the very effective tactic that Obama has used and taught others to use as part of Chicago's Developing Communities Project and Acorn in forcing banks to make loans to people otherwise unable to qualify for such loans.   They even have a name for this:  Alinsky jujitsu.

So using the BATFE and the Justice department, the new administration could cause force draconian rules and enforcement on FFLs, and manufacturers that would force many out of business and raise the cost of gun ownership and operation through the roof.

Just food for thought on how the new president may be able to satisfy the Brady Bunch at the same time not upsetting the democratic voting base.

Obama Declares War on Conservative Talk Radio
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/11/obama_declares_war_on_conserva.html
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk