Why the brown-out?

Started by Mom70x7, November 04, 2008, 09:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Early this morning, we had a brown-out that developed into a black-out.

For everyone in Howard or just sections of town?

Jim said the lights started coming back on about 3:30 am - but I forgot to ask him if it was all over town or just different areas.

Answers?  ???   ???   ???

Wilma

Daughter said that she thought it was just part of town.  It was dark on the west side, but she could see lights further away.

S-S

Didn't lose power out here. Woke up to the alarm clock at 5 am.

Diane Amberg

It's all those "early" voters pushing the button at the same time. ;D

flo

mine was out (east side of town) and Marvin's was out (6 mi. NW)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

bowie boy

i live about 1 mile west of howard, my power was out for about an hour. i was fixing to fire up the generator when the power came on.
''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

sixdogsmom

We had the same problems in Moline starting about 2:00 AM and over by 4:00. The alarm on Teds' oxygen concentrator woke me; at that time not all lights were out in town although our alley light was out and the power in our house was brown. Never did hear what the problem was.
Edie

Joanna

I heard that a raccoon got into the substation at Moline.  Ours was out, but I slept through it  :angel: :angel: :angel:

Tobina+1

Chuck said we had the same issue at our house (7 miles West of Howard).  Heard that it affected both Caney Valley Electric and Weststar Energy customers.  Not sure we totally lost power, though, just the brown-out for over an hour.  Luckily he woke up and turned off/unplugged any appliances that would be affected.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk