Moline Historical Scrapbook old pictures needed

Started by LisaT, May 13, 2008, 03:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaT

I am putting together a scrapbook for the City of Moline and I'm needing some photos of the old town if anyone has some. I have several already but I would like some more. I am also going to photograph our town and all the houses as they are right now. You probably are wondering why I would do this. Well I don't know how many times I have asked myself "I wish I had a picture of that before they tore it down or it burnt or whatever happened to it." I just get a little dismayed when I think of Greensburg and all that they lost and did they have pics of everything before the tornado? I just think it is a good idea. Not to mention I am always getting requests for pictures of buildings that are no longer here. Especially the ones that were relocated from Boston.
So if you have some or know where there are some good ones please email them to me. I did find some very interesting pictures of the old county courthouse before it burnt down on kansasmemeory.org I didn't know it was such a beautiful building.
Thanks so much
Lisa

Jody

Roma Jean Turner

I am so happy that you are going to do this Lisa.  I don't have a picture of the hardware store, which was my grandfather Turner's lumber yard for years.  I will e-mail you what I have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk