For Women Only: But Men Not Forbidden

Started by Wilma, June 09, 2008, 08:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I have just been wondering about something that hits me once in awhile and I wonder, "Do other women feel this way?" 

There are times when I would like to throw out my entire wardrobe and get all new stuff.  Does anyone else feel this way?

Roma Jean Turner

Absolutely.  I have things hanging in that closet that are no more the me now than anything.  Periodically I do just donate them.  Mostly, the new look I come up with, has to do with the new look WalMart has come up with.

frawin

I used to think that would be great to be able to do----however---when our house caught fire and I had to discard things because we could not get the smoke smell out, it was very very hard.  I had to purchase all new things and for several months, I had a pant suit that I could make 2 outfits from and 3 other outfits to wear to work.  Let me tell you, I got mighty tired of wearing the same thing over and over again until we could get the house back together and get the insurance settlement.  It wasn't just me---there were 3 kids and Frank & I to clothe and back then---he had to wear suits every day!  He was out of the country when it happened and had only 2 or 3 suits with out and some other clothing that he could wear in the "bush".  It is something I don't want to ever experience again.
mw

Bonnie M.

Wilma, I've thought about that, but I'm afraid I'd go right back into the stores my "old" wardrobe came from, and buy a lot of the same things again!  I'm not very "adventure-some," when it comes to buying new styles.  I'm prety stuck on "Alfred Dunner!"
Bonnie

frawin

Bonnie I like Alfred Dunner too !  Also Sag Harbor!
mlw

Wilma

sixdogsmom

I always like what is in truth a half size larger but is labeled a half size smaller!  ;D ;D
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

I buy a majority of my clothes second hand, at garage sales or Goodwill and such, so this year at garage sale I cleaned out my closet and tried to sell most of them.  Because I usually buy things and when I get home decide that it doesn't look good.  So, I really need to try and clean out my closet more often.  There are days that I wish I could start over with all new clothes, but then I hit reality and realize that my $1.50 pants are just fine!!!! :laugh:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Devyn-Leann

Wilma, everytime I have to actually "get dressed" (dr's appointments, out to dinner, or shopping out of town) I desperately want a new wardrobe. However, my taste in clothes is rather expensive...Soooo....I just pick and choose and buy a few new things at a time. But I still buy secondhand, mostly at Goodwill. Doesn't bother me a bit. Most of my "play" clothes are secondhand.

greatguns

Wilma this reminds me of the girl that had only one dress in her closet, but it took her 30 minutes or longer to decide everytime she decided to go somewhere.  Should I wear my new dress or my old dress?  Maybe I should wear my blue dress or the dress I wore last.  So you see wardrobe is always a problem. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk