A Barrel of crude Oil is not 50 or 55 Gallon

Started by frawin, June 03, 2008, 02:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Lately I have heard several people discussing a barrel of crude oil and comparing the number of gallons in a barrel of crude oil to the gallons of product they though it yielded. In most cases they were using 50 Gallon as a barrel of Crude oil, a barrel of crude oil is 42 U.S. Gallons. The amount of different products a barrel of crude oil will yield depends on the type, gravity, sulfur, and other inerts that it contains, crude oil qualities vary considerably. Also the refinery hardware and process can make a vey big difference on what the yield is.
Frank

Diane Amberg

Thanks Frank, you're bringing back childhood memories. The old family place west of Howard had several oil wells and a few gas wells too. I remember them telling me they weren't as deep as the Oklahoma and Texas wells, but it was very good low sulphur oil. One of my most prized possessions is a little bottle of that crude oil.

frawin

Diane, I worked on those leases. Burned the old pits and old wooden tanks across the road South from Billy's house. I worked for Guy Denton for several years. Those wells are/were very shallow compared to the same depth for the same or similiar formations in West Texas.
Frank

Diane Amberg

Well, how neat is that! You've really made me smile. When we go out next week, we'll drive out there of course to see whats left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk