Cowboy Action Shooting! Yee Haw!!

Started by Teresa, May 06, 2008, 01:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Being that this is part of what Kjell and I do.. I thought you all might be interested in it.
I will be starting to shoot competitively this summer.

CBS news with Katie Couric had a surprisingly positive story about SASS (Single Action Shooter Society) .shooters the other day.
here is the link to the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/02/eveningnews/main4068430.shtml?source=search_story
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

competitively, huh?  ::) I remember "back when" and it's not really the same catagory, but I shot blue rock.  There weren't many women doing it then, but I did enjoy it.  Shot a Browning and loved that gun.  You'll be there, so just as well get in on the action instead of spending all your time behind the camera.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

I love to shoot Blue Rock and Sporting Clays are the most fun.

Yea.. I think it is time that I started shooting Cowboy stuff. Probably have to get a sun dial to time me.. but I'll have fun.. LOL

Tobina+1

Sounds like fun!  Chuck and I will go out and target practice every-so-often, but this summer at our company retreat we shot blue rock (yes, apparently the company trusts we are satisfied employees, huh).  That was the first time I'd done that, and in spite of a bruised and sore shoulder, it was fun (and I wasn't too bad)!  But because of the bruised and sore shoulder, I think I'll stick with my .22-mag and the unfortunate possums, coons, coyotes, and armadillos that venture too close to the house.

That being said, I'm curious... Are there many shooting clubs around here?  Flint Oak does that, right?  Is it expensive to join, or can you just go for an afternoon?

Teresa

I don't know the cost.
Mark and Derek and Danny have social memberships...and I don;'t even know if you have to have that to shoot sporting clays. I know you have to have memberships to drink when you eat dinner, but I really can't tell you what the cost of shooting is.
I'll check.. or you can go to http://www.flintoak.com/  and maybe they will tell you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk