No Posts

Started by Janet Harrington, April 23, 2006, 07:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

You can sure tell that the weather has been nice because no one is posting.  That leads me to believe that people are planting gardens, mowing yards, going shopping, playing with the kids, etc.  Jim and I just had our roof replaced by our friends.  Cathy and I cooked and gave them home cooked meals a few nights and we took them to Poplar Pizza a few nights.  Nothing like good friends to help when you need something done.  Good friends and good food.

Now, we need rain so badly in this part of the world.  One way to help is to think really hard about how the outside smells after the rain, how fresh everything seems, fresh and clean, how full the ponds and lakes look, how green the grass is and how much the crops have grown, how the ditches are flowing with runoff water, just imagine what it is like after the rain.

Big storms on the the television this Sunday night that I hope come this way.  We need the rain, but not the severe weather.  Keep your hopes up and keep imagining what the rain is like after it is over.

Rhonda

For anyone with school age kids I know April and May are super busy.  Seems like there are so many activities you wonder when they have time to do any school work.  I know I'm busy running around trying to watch them.  We live at Mound City and have received enough rain to keep the grass growing a little too good.  If time permitted I could mow twice a week.  Don't think it's going to happen, but the grass is growing that well.  I'd much rather watch a softball game or a golf meet than sit on the mower so I guess my lawn will not be as well manicured as it could be.  Hope the rain hits Howard, without all the damaging winds and makes your grass grow as well as mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk