4-H

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, March 13, 2008, 01:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I thought that I would let everyone know that the Flinthill Booster 4-H Club is preparing to go to Regional 4-H Days in Madison on Saturday March 15.  We are going to do our Model meeting that got top blue at the County level in Longton.  Also, all 4-Hers that attended Local Club Days in Longton, that participated and recieved a Top blue will be preforming there items, such as Talents, readings, Demonstration, Project Talks, and things like that.  My daughter Parker, who is 10 is going to be doing her Demonstration on Cake Mix Cookies, and a reading titled "My Pony".  Ben Bellar is going to be doing a talent, Kanyon Kelly is going to be doing a Project talk, our county is sending a Gavel Games team, first year member Tim Whetstone is going to do a Project Talk.  I just thought that I would get the word out about how wonderful these 4-Hers are.  It takes alot of time to prepare and practice these talks that these youngesters do.  I know at my house we have spent countless hours to get ready for 4-H days. But it is such good experience for these youngters!!  As one of the two leaders I am extremely proud of them all.  But we had 4 first year members participate in 4-H days, and they all did wonderful!  They are Leah Hall, Seth Hall, Jesse Hall, and Tim Whetstone!  If you see these members of the club you might tell they- CONGRATS!!!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

cheyronni

Quote from: angtown3 on March 13, 2008, 01:16:15 PM
I thought that I would let everyone know that the Flinthill Booster 4-H Club is preparing to go to Regional 4-H Days in Madison on Saturday March 15.  We are going to do our Model meeting that got top blue at the County level in Longton.  Also, all 4-Hers that attended Local Club Days in Longton, that participated and recieved a Top blue will be preforming there items, such as Talents, readings, Demonstration, Project Talks, and things like that.  My daughter Parker, who is 10 is going to be doing her Demonstration on Cake Mix Cookies, and a reading titled "My Pony".  Ben Bellar is going to be doing a talent, Kanyon Kelly is going to be doing a Project talk, our county is sending a Gavel Games team, first year member Tim Whetstone is going to do a Project Talk.  I just thought that I would get the word out about how wonderful these 4-Hers are.  It takes alot of time to prepare and practice these talks that these youngesters do.  I know at my house we have spent countless hours to get ready for 4-H days. But it is such good experience for these youngters!!  As one of the two leaders I am extremely proud of them all.  But we had 4 first year members participate in 4-H days, and they all did wonderful!  They are Leah Hall, Seth Hall, Jesse Hall, and Tim Whetstone!  If you see these members of the club you might tell they- CONGRATS!!!!!

Way to go kiddo's you should be very proud of yourselves!!!

Tobina+1

Congrats to all the 4-H'ers!  What a great acomplishment!
I'm a strong believer of 4-H and FFA; my life was vey much shaped by these two outstanding organizations.  I feel like all my leadership skills, communication skills, and many, many, many other important skills were developed and honed during my involvement as a kid.
Even though we don't have kids yet, I'm trying to become involved in the local orgs.  Chuck has volunteered to be the leather crafting leader for 4-H, and I'm helping to push him along to get a meeting put together for the kids.  He LOVES to help teach kids, but finding the time in spring is pretty difficult.  Any help/suggestions by parents of kids in this project would be appreciated!

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, so we had regional 4-H day in Madison on Saturday.  Elk county was represented well.  The gavel games team got Top Blue, Kanyon Kelly got Top Blue on her project talk, Parker Town got red's on her reading and her demonstration, Mckenzy Stange got a blue on her demonstration, The Greenfield Wildcats got red on their skit, Caitlin JuAire got blue on her demonstration, Ben Bellar got a blue on his Talent, Tim Whetstone got a blue on his talk, and the Flinthill Booster club got a blue on their model meeting.  I hope that I didn't forget anyone, If I did please forgive me.  The kids did a really great job!!  It takes a lot of guts to just get up in front of a crowd, and many of these kids are 7 to 16 years old.  We are really proud of all of the 4-Hers in Elk County!!!

Tobina when it comes to planning things in the spring, I hear you on that one.  Have you talked to Richard about the kids that are in the project?  If you get the list of kids the go from there to try to schuedule a meeting.  I have found that Sunday afternoons or Wednesday evenings work best, of course we have our monthy meetings on Monday and off the top of my head can't remember when Longton and Greenfield's meetings are.  Also, do mind if I announce at the meeting on Monday March 24 about Chuck being the leader in leather?  Let me know.  I would like for all the kids to know that we have a leather leader that way, some that wanted to be in it, but didn't because there wasn't any leader might add it. 
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Tobina+1

Yea, congrats to all the Regional winners!  I have such fond memories of 4-H days... weeks of preparation and doing talks over and over and over... to anyone who would sit and listen!  We could do talent and singing and music, but we were also required to do a demonstration ("mom-dated" rule).

Yes, we already have a list of the kids enrolled in leather.  There is such a wide variety of ages and talents, so that's where we need help from other project leaders on how to handle that for a meeting.  We thought about doing a general session on leather (Chuck has a DVD on how leather is tanned), and then open it up to helping kids with their projects.  But if some of them haven't started projects yet, they wouldn't get much out of it.

Yes, you can announce that Chuck is the leather leader.  Maybe some of the parents can help get a meeting set up, too?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk