PRUDHOMME, Clifford R. "Butch" - b. February 23, 1956 - d. February 9, 2008

Started by frawin, February 13, 2008, 08:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

SEDAN - Prudhomme, Clifford R. "Butch", 51, died Feb. 9, 2008.  Service 2 P.M. Thursday, New Life Baptist Church, Chautauqua.  Survivors:  companion, Jackie; mother, Lori Odell; father and stepmother, Al and Shelly; son, Austin McCarty, Brandee Prudhomme; brother, Scott; 2 stepbrothers; 4 grandchildren.  David W. Barnes Funeral Home.

Published in the Wichita Eagle on 2/13/2008.

Taken from the Independence Daily Reporter, February 12, 2008, page 2

Clifford R. "Butch" Prudhomme, 51, of rural Peru, died at his home.

Cremation has taken place and a memorial service will be Thursday at 2 p.m. at the New Life Baptist Church in Chautauqua.  Lunch will be served before the service at the Senior Citizens Center in Chautauqua.

Friends may sign the register Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at David W. Barnes Funeral Home in Sedan.

Memorials are suggested to the Chautauqua County Animal Shelter and they may be left with the fuenral home.

Mr. Prudhomme was born Feb. 23, 1956, in Albuquerque, N.M., to Allen and Lorrene (Nichols) Prudhomme.  He attended schools in Moline, Grenola and Halstead.

On Sept. 23, 1999, in Eureka Springs, Ark., he married Jackie McCarty, and she survives.

Mr. Prudhomme worked with the Amino Brothers, Inc., a road construction company.

Other survivors include a son, Austin McCarty, Peru; a daughter, Brandee Prudhomme, Coffeyville; his mother, Lori O'Dell, Howard; his father and stepmother, Al and Shelly Prudhomme, Sevierville, Tenn.; a brother, Scott Prudhomme, dewey, Okla.; two stepbrothers, Mike and Tony Prudhomme, both of Waterford, Mich.; and four grandchildren.

frawin

Butch is a nephew of Jim Nichols of Longton.

Marcia Moore

Does anyone know what happened to Butch?  I knew him and Jackie 25-30 years ago.

frawin

Marcia, I wondered that too.  We've lost track of Lori over the years.

Jo McDonald

Lori lives in Howard  --- she bought the house that George Cox owned on south Walnut.  She  has lived there for quite a lot of years.   
  I owned the lots just joining her on the south and sold them to Joe and Sharon Wagner, and they put in their new home. 
    This is sad to hear of this death.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Thanks Jo, we have often wondered about Lori. We need to stop and see her the next time we are up there. When she was married to Bill Nigh, Myrna and I used to party with them . We went to Wichita and other places dancing. They were a real blast.
We had some really fun times. Scott and Butch were little guys then.
Frank Winn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk