Calling for Help

Started by W. Gray, February 05, 2008, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Last night I was feeling really down. So down, in fact, I called the Lifeline intending to ask for their help.

As so often happens, the other end of the line was in Pakistan.

When I spewed my thoughts out saying I was thinking suicide ;D, the person on the other end became excited and asked if I could drive a truck......... ;D
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Waldo...  ;D   You are a mess!

I got a call from a member who was frantic that she thought you were really sad and needed help. And was upset because no one had reached out to help you.

I am in Vegas and have been the last 7 days and not having the time to even grab a cup tea, let alone be on the forum, I was worried.
So I came down to the press room and immediately logged on to see what this was about!

I immediately see the smiley faces  before I read the post, so I knew all was okay.

Then I read the post and see it was a joke.. so am really relieved..and I can gather all my camera and editing gear and go back to working on the  Shot Show Productions.

Now you know you are loved Waldo.. :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

T. Sackett

I thought this was humorous.........I knew it wasn't the "real thing" as I was sent the same thing not too long ago in a fowarded message in an e-mail.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Wilma

Me, too.  And it is funny because it could be true.

W. Gray

Well,

Teresa, there are some people who do say I need help.....

I wonder what might have happened if I had not included those funny faces?

As Diane would say, "what a hoot."

I should refrain from posting something like that in the future, but it is good to know someone is looking out for you.

Now, on more important things, are you saying you have not approached even one one-armed bandit?

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Have time to check to see that all was well with this post. Hopefully the one that was worried will read it and know it was a joke.

Yes.. we went out last night and the bandits were just that! And I plan on letting them accost me and try to bandit me again tonight. LOL

We leave in the morning and I am more than ready to get home. 10 days in Vegas is just way too long.  :)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk