How was your day?

Started by Joanna, August 26, 2007, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Oh gosh Mama.. I remember when you and Daddy used to dance around in the living room together.
I loved to set back and watch as he whirled you around the floor...I can't even count the times I watched you both dance and each time I have that memory tucked inside my heart.
Then of course he would ask me to dance and I would dance with him ..me thinking I was a fairy princess and he was my knight in shining armor..
( I do  STILL believe that  :) )
I can remember way before Sherri was born when I would stand on his feet and he would dance the 2 step and count
one- one/ two.. one-one/two  all the while he was telling me how to not look at my feet.
He would say, "TeeDee ( his nickname for me) you have to listen to the music, but more important you have to feel the music and you will be a good dancer."
He taught me later as I got older how to waltz.
He taught Sherri how to dance too...and she is a great dancer as well.
My mother taught me how to jitterbug.  ;D
I am a good dancer and can dance about any dance that there is...and have taught lots of people how to swing, 2 step and waltz.
Guess we're just a bunch of dancing fools.. LOL

Weird how something as simple as what my mama said, will trigger memories. Memories that are so vivid that I can feel  daddy's feet under mine and his hand covering my little hand as he counted and moved slowly with his steps so I could "dance"..

When those kinds of thoughts came rushing back just now, it was like 51 years had just disappeared.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

have a daughter southeast of Neosho near Rocky Comfort.  She called while I was in the hospital to check on me and I was worried about her.  She said they went to the "ravine" twice during the storms.  Now there is a bridge washed out going north and the road washed out going south so they are hemmed in for a few days.  Said her drive looked like a river going down hill.  Haven't talked to her since this morning.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Ole Granny

Flo,

Guess you are out of the hospital.  Did not know you were in the hospital.  Hope everything is okay!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Teresa on January 09, 2008, 01:11:50 PM
Guess we're just a bunch of dancing fools.. LOL

I could say something here, but I won't.  LOL

Sarge

Hey Janet, were you going to say something about dancing or about fools????
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Jo McDonald

Ok you two (Sarge and Jenat ) I just came home for my lunch break and logged on here to post my jelly recipe - and you two are trying your best to ruin my happy heart smile that I was wearing after reading Teresa's post.  Now aren't you just the dear sweet little things???  Doesn't matter - I love both of you anyway.  So There !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Jo McDonald

Sorry Ta Ta I wasn't trying to get even by misspelling your name --- That was a big OOPS   

While I am on here, I hope you are feeling much better, Flo, and will soon be 100%.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Flo, had no idea you were in the hospital.  Hope you are feeling much better.

Myrna

Janet Harrington

I think I was going to say something about the fools.

I can imagine that Jo and Fred are wonderful dancers.  I have probably seen them dance together before, but just don't remember it.  Mama Jodi, I would never ever say anything to take away your beautiful smile.  However; Sarge made me do it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk