Elk County Forum Comments

Started by W. Gray, December 03, 2007, 01:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Perhaps the courthouse picture can be changed to a new photo showing the new clock.

Perhaps a picture at night with the clock lit?

Last Saturday I pulled up the Elk County Forum and received a totally new design with a full wide screen in a subtle blue format--something similar to other forums I frequent.

That format changed back to the current format on Sunday and I assume the blue screen might have been a test?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Yes.. He was testing and retesting and testing some more ;D
The blue screen was a standard default layout screen.. but since we are certainly not going to settle for "standard" in this forum, he tested all different colors and fonts and came upon the one that is here.
I like it. :)
And I think that perhaps we will take a chilly stroll up to the courthouse tonight on our night walk and try to get some pictures of the courthouse clock. That might be a nice change.. and if they don't come out good..then I will blame Kjell. hahahaha ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Pictures didn't turn out like I wanted them too. I am going to go and have to try to get some good ones in the day time.
But ... I will get something to put on the front page.. I promise... :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

Just for the record,  I love the Banner at the top of the site with the water tower and the expansive view of the country side.  I look at it when I get that claustrophobic....... can't get out of the traffic feeling.  I to love Kansas.

W. Gray

Elk County, Pennsylvania, had a 2000 population of 35,112 compared to our Elk which had 3,227, about eleven times larger.

I recently discovered the Elk County, Pa, forum and it cannot even compare to ours. Has to be a bunch of amateurs operating it. There seems to be very little input from users.

One thing I did discover that Pennsylvania has vs Kansas is that they have an elk herd of 230 animals freely roaming around the county.

Their county was named after the animal whereas ours was named after the river. Presumably, the river was named after the animal.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk