Speed Traps

Started by Teresa, September 16, 2007, 04:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

This is interesting. 

When you get the web site up, click on the state. 
Then the next window is a listing of all the cities in that state.
Click on your city and there are the speed traps listed.

I had no idea this was available to everyone.

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

archeobabe

It is good site to visit.  So, it is wise to keep the pedal off the metal and watch out your speed.

Mom70x7

That was fun to read.

Leon came in for quite a few comments.  :D

frawin

Leon is one place a person doesn't want to speed when they pass by!  Seems there is often an officer in there especially by the cemetery.

mlw

greatguns

Interesting site you had.  You also want to watch it if you go North on the west side of the school.  What I found most interesting on the Leon comments was about accidents.  There was never any mention in any of local newspapers even when this happened.  One of the fatalities that happened at that very dangerous place was on a December night when one of Leon's finest left the Christmas party to go visit with another finest that was on duty.  When the off duty officer whipped his U-turn in the middle of the highway, he hit and killed a woman traveling on the highway.

archeobabe

I know that strip of road when I am traveling to Wichita.  There is one morning I was traveling to Wichita and I noticed the police car parked next to the cemetary.  I went past the car I happen to noticed the officer was sound asleep.

Wilma

Since the comments about the cop at Leon that parked beside the cemetary, I have been to Wichita several times.  Going in the morning and coming back in early afternoon.  I haven't seen the cop car parked there.  First daughter says she has seen him there only once.  Mayhaps we have a lurker from the area?

MarineMom

He was there thursday morning at 7am when I was going to Wichita and still there at 11am when I was coming home (he had someone pulled over at that time)

Tobina+1

Yes, I think that cop lives in Leon, and he's there probably 40% of the time I go through town.  Watch out, he also has been parking at the bridge, too.  Down in the ditch were he can't be seen right away.  My suggestion: DRIVE 50. 

I wish we had a speed trap at P&J's.  The county could pull in a lot of $ with as many trucks and out of state people who speed through Howard!  I think they should move the 45 mph sign back before the new bridge, and then decrease it to 35 through town.  There are lots of people coming and going from P&J's, Toots, and the high school.  Also; if they're not going to stop in our town, then make them drive through it slower so we're just not a "blink of an eye".

Janet Harrington

Ah, Tobina.  People have tried for years to get that speed limit down to 35 and it has never happened.  I don't know if Senator Derek Schmidt would have any pull with that or not.  Now, a little education about K-99 through Howard.  If you are southbound on K-99, that part is in the city limits.  If you are northbound, that part is in the county.  Counties do not profit from tickets that are given by deputies and troopers.  All monies from tickets go to the state and the state sends a minimum back to the county for the judges retirement fund and the law library.  The county profits for tickets written are zilch.  However; when city cop writes a ticket in the city limits, that money goes to the city with some of it divied out to the state for various funds.  Cities can make a huge profit if the cops will write tickets and people will pay.  That is why the Leon Police Department is sitting out there to write tickets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk