World Series

Started by Wilma, October 21, 2007, 07:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Well, that was a big let down, wasn't it?  So who is your favorite pro football team?

frawin

We don't watch much pro football anymore, but I must say the KU A&M game was very exciting on Saturday.  We just simply don't have much time to watch TV.  We did watch the last of the series last night and saw Mike Timlin pitch some.  He is from Midland, TX and about the age of our oldest.  The Nix boy (I think his name is Jason) plays for the Rockies, but I think he was on the inactive roster for the series, is also from here.  His brother Lance plays for the Brewers, used to be with the TX Rangers.  He (Lance) had a shoulder injury and hasn't done as well since he is back playing.  It's always fun to sorta know some of the players.  Frank knows the Nix's boys dad well.

Myrna

Diane Amberg

Wilma, this won't make you feel any better, but my U. of Del. Blue Hens beat Navy at Annapolis on Sat.  Del. has lost only one game so far. Not too bad.  Sounds like KU is doing well too. I like the Eagles, but they just can't seem to find the field this year.

Ole Granny

Did not have chance to watch all of any games.  Just bits.  Talked to grandson at KU and he almost did not have a voice.  He did enjoyed the game even on TV. (Or was it the Pregaming?)  He won't be home until Thanksgiving because of games.  He will be busy until the week before Thanksgiving but no need to come home the weekend before.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Wilma

Myrna, would this Nix boy be any relation to the Nixes that used to live at Piedmont?  I don't remember the parent's names but there was James, Maxine, Roy and another girl.  Maxine was my age which is ancient.

frawin

No, Wilma, these people are from Texas.  I don't know what their hometown is, as their Dad is a crude oil purchaser.  But, no relation to any of the people from Kansas as far as I know.

Myna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk