LAUFFER, Carl William - b. September 25, 1918 - d. September 14, 2007

Started by patyrn, September 17, 2007, 10:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

(Published in the Wichita Eagle 9/16/2007)

Carl William Lauffer, 88, died September 14, 2007.  Visitation: 9 a.m. to time of service.  10 a.m. Wednesday, First Baptist Church of Howard. Interment will be at Grace Lawn Cemetery.

Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  

Arrangements by Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.
(Taken from the Flint Hills Express, Sept. 19, 2007 page 3)

Carl William Lauffer, age 88, of Howard, passed away Friday, Sept. 14, 2007 at the Greenwood County Hospital in Eureka.

Carl was born on Sept. 25, 1918 in Piedmont, to Frederick and Gertrude Powers Lauffer.  Carl attended school at the Elk County rural schools.

On May 4, 1940 Carl was united in marriage to Elda Marie May at the First Baptist Church parsonage in Independence.

During his working years Carl worked in public service.  He worked for Cob's Grocery Store in the meat department; he worked as a mechanic and was also a deputy of the Elk County Sheriff Department.

During the mid 1940's Carl joined the First Baptist Church in Howard and would go on to become an ordained Deacon.  He was a member of the Odd Fellows Lodge since 1942.  For three years he had high game in the Sedan Bowling League with a high score of 269.

Carl was preceded in death by his parents and one brother Daryle.
(
He is survived by his wife Elda of Howard; four sons, Alan and Willis both of Wichita, Terry of Tucson, Ariz., Dwight of Wildomar, Calif.; two brothers, Eugene of Winfield, Glenn of Wichita; one sister, Viola Chamberlain of Howard; ten grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2007 at the First Baptist Church in Howard, with Pastor Gene DeWitt officiating.  Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until service time on Wednesday at the church.  Interment will be at Grace Lawn Cemetery.

Memorial contributions are suggested to the First Baptist Church and may be sent to Countryside Funeral Home, PO Box 247, Fredonia, KS 66736.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard.

frawin

When I was growing up, Carl worked in the Grocery Store for my brother Neil and I used to go with Carl to deliver the groceries to people that called in their orders. I got see him fairly often when I was home and we used to talk about that some. Carl was another one of those pleasant memories from the past.
Frank Winn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk