CROSS, Dorothy L. (Gruben) - b. November 15, 1911 - d. August 22, 2007

Started by Janet Harrington, August 29, 2007, 06:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

(Taken from the Flint Hills Express Aug. 29, 2007, page 3)

Dorothy L. Cross, age 95, of Bartlesville, Okla., and formerly of Molilne, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2007 at the Green Country Village Nursing Facility in Bartlesville.

She was born on Nov. 15, 1911 near Medford, Okla., the youngest of ten children to James and Nora Fowler Gruben.

After graduating high school in Moline, Dorothy attended Pittsburg Teachers College in Pittsburg, Kan., and received her teaching degree in 1938.  She taught school in some of the county rural schools for a few years.  In 1942 she moved to Los Angeles, Calif.  On Feb. 21, 1943 Dorothy was united in marriage to Charles F. Cross in Los Angeles and he preceded her in death on March 17, 1990.

She worked for Good Year in Los Angeles as an auditor.  Dorothy was a very devoted Republican and attended Ronald Reagan's inauguration.  In 1995 Dorothy moved to Bartlesville.  She was a member of the East Cross Methodist Church in Bartlesville.

Dorothy was preceded in death by her parents; three brothers; Tommy, Lawrence, and James, and six sisters; Grutha, Nannie, Myrtie, Amy, Clara, and Nora.  She is survived by many loving nieces and nephews.

Funeral services were held at 11 a.m., Monday, Aug. 27, 2007 at the Moline Christian Church with pastor Stan Rumbaugh offciating with interment at the Moline Cemetery.

Memorial contributions are suggested to either the Moline Christian Church or the Republican Party and may be sent to Countryside Funeral Home, P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, KS 66736.

Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard.

Ole Granny

I remember Nannie and what a sweet lady she was and a marvelous cook. Dorothy looked like Nannie.  Always made me go back in time when I would see her.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Granny, Dorothy Cross  was a sister to the Jacot kids Mother, Clara Jacot. I met her when I was with Marion after she came back to Kansas.
Frank

Ole Granny

Thank you!  Nanny worked for the folks so knew most of the family that was around.  Marilyn and Margie are beautiful people inside and out as was their mother.  Saw both of them Memorial Weekend.  It is always a pleasure.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk