Delaney and Sheern families of Moline area

Started by sherilantzy, August 05, 2007, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherilantzy

I am new to the forum and would like  information about my Delaney and Sheern familes who lived in the Moline area.

My 3rd great grandparents are Daniel D. Delaney and his wife Ellen who moved to Moline about 1885 with their 2 youngest children Jennie and George.
Ellen Delaney died in 1901 and is buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery.  Daniel died in 1904 but I am not sure if he is buried next to his wife.  The headstone that has the name of Ellen and Daniel only has his date of birth on it.  If he had been buried there, why wasn't his date of death put on the stone?  All of their children certainly had the financial means to do so.

Daniel and Ellen daughter Jennie married Earnest Francis Sheern in Moline on 10 May 1887. Earnest was the son of James Sheern and Ann Emily Leseure.  The Sheern family moved to the area about 1885.  Earnest was an accomplished carpenter who built quite a few of the homes in the area from about 1887-1908.  Ann Emily is buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery as well as 2 of her children: Ray and Helen.

If anyone has anyinformation about these families please contact me through this forum or :

sherilantzy@gmail.com

Thank you,

Sheri Fenley
Stockton, California

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk