Kansas Wind??????

Started by Wilma, July 14, 2007, 02:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Janet, your grandfather Hancock was the youngest of 8, two of which did not live beyond childhood.  His older sisters were grown up and one of them married when he was born so he didn't know what it was like to be one of many, either.

Janet Harrington

Why did I think that he was from a family of 14 just like Grandma was?  I thought in his family there was 7 boys, 7 girls, just like Grandma's.  I must be losing my mind.  ha ha  I know.  I know.  It's already lost.  (There, Ms. T.  I said it before you did.)

Jo McDonald

A sticth in time saves nine,, Janet --- so you are safe on the outside ring of ????? whatever.

Bless you, child -- you are safe.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

emptynest

My husband was 7th of 16--- and all of them were born in a boxcar down in what they called "Old Mexico" by the tracks in Moline.  My mother-in-law (God rest her soul) never was allowed to go to the hospital in Moline to receive services for the birth of a child.  Once the oldest child became a certain age, she was the "midwife" for her mother's deliveries. 

And my mother had 2 sets of twins also and has one kidney.  Having twins was the only way my mom and dad thought they could get a boy!!!  And if that wasn't enough, they adopted my youngest brother......

As I am the oldest of 7 and my husband was 7 of 16, when we married, we were asked if we were going to compromise on the number of children we would have.  Surgeons told us, though, that we had to stop after 3 or at least look somewhere else for a surgeon.  (C-section)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk