Gas Leak in Elk County????

Started by emptynest, April 12, 2007, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emptynest

I was working the West Elk baseball game (up in the loft) and kept hearing talk below about a gas leak in the Moline, Elk Falls, and Longton area, but the person telling it, left before I could get any details after the games.  Does anyone know any details?  I thought maybe once I got home, I wouldn't have any heat or hot water and was a little concerned.  Have you heard anything?

Janet Harrington

Sorry, emptynest.  I haven't heard a word of anything like that.  Nothing on the news and nothing on the scanner.

MarineMom

We got a call from Moline grade school late yesterday afternoon, there was a gas leak somewhere between Grenola and Moline and there was no gas in Moline. Atmos energy was working on the problem and hope to have th gas back on by 8am this morning but as a precaution MGS has cancelled school today because if it does not get turned back on in time they will have no heat or cooking facilities. Severy and the High school are having school today and the MGS music program will go as planned tonight at the high school.

LisaT

They are currently working on getting people turned back on. As long as someone is home or a note on the door. They will turn on the meter and light any pilots that need it.
Slowly but surely they are getting there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk