SOWERS, Mary Jane (McDow) - b. May 26, 1931 - d. April 5, 2011

Started by patyrn, July 30, 2011, 07:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Mary Jane (McDow) Sowers, 79, passed away on April 5, 2011 in Alamagordo, New Mexico.  Although she was born in Wichita, Kansas on May 26, 1931, she grew up outside Eureka, Kansas and attended the Tonovey School.

Mary worked for years at WesCon and Tweco before retiring and moving to New Mexico in 1990.  She had a passion for life and was energetic and fun-loving.  She enjoyed gardening in her beautiful rose and flower gardens, spending time with family and friends, hunting, fishing, and traveling in the RV.

She is survived by her loving husband of 38 years, Virgil; her youngest brother, Bill (Diane) McDow of Longton, Kansas; her son , Harry (Jackie) Maloney of Augusta, Kansas; her daughters, Donna Eargle of Tampa, Florida and Gloria (Jeff) Ford of South Haven, Kansas; 8 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren; as well as many loving family members and friends. 

Cremation and memorial occurred in New Mexico.  A celebration of life will take place at the Hillside Funeral Home West, 2929 W. 13th Street, Wichita, Kansas at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, August 3, 2011.  In lieu of flowers, the family asks donations be made to the American Cancer Society, 818 N. Emporia, Suite 100, Wichita, Kansas 67214 in her memory.  Condolences may be sent to hillsidefuneralhomewest.com

(published in the Wichita Eagle 7/30/2011)

Judy Harder

I met Mary when she and her husband use to hunt on the Freeman property and my ex and I ran around with the McDows.
nice lady and I am sad that she passed away. Rest in peace Mary
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk