Am I Wrong Not To Vote? . . .

Started by redcliffsw, November 03, 2014, 06:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

They also obtain, via the ability to off-load both financial and moral responsibility, a get-out-of-jail-free card for any subsequent heinous activities. (Anybody heard about Bush or Cheney being charged with war crimes? Me neither. If you are a believer in "Hope" have no fear. Obama is safe too.) Not only is it true that no one deserves such power, more importantly, no one really benefits by taking part in a charade which has but a single purpose: To convince those who are being taken advantage of that they had a choice.

What voting does is provide direct indication that he who took part supports the eventual outcome. That he believes in the contest at its root. So, while voting may not really change crucial parts of the outcome—for example, the United States would still have troops deployed in Iraq no matter who was currently in the White House—it makes the participant a willing one. Some of us have long since stopped being such. And we feel better for it, regardless of the outcome of some supposedly democratic popularity contest.
-Wilt Alston

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/11/wilton-alston/am-i-wrong-not-to-vote/

Exception:  Write-in Doug Ritz for County Commission

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk