WILLIAMS, James Robert "Jim" - b, June 17, 1958 - d. September 3, 2014

Started by patyrn, September 04, 2014, 10:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

James Robert "Jim" Williams, age 56, a resident of Moline, Kansas, passed away Wednesday, September 3, 2014.  He was born in Sedan, Kansas on June 17, 1958, the son of Robert E. Williams DVM and Beverly Belle Hinkle.

Jim was a 1976 graduate of West Elk High School in Howard, Kansas, and he received his Bachelor of Science in Animal Science degree from Kansas State University in 1980 where he was a member of the KSU Rodeo Team and Livestock Judging Team.  Jim was united in marriage to Sherry Bliss on February 12, 1987 in Miami, Oklahoma.  He was a true Horseman and an original Cowboy his entire life and had spent the last eight years working as the ranch manager for Westfall Brothers Ranch near Elk City, Kansas.  Jim became a member of the First Baptist Church of Moline in 1970.  He was also active in Elk County 4-H as a member, leader, and supporter.  He enjoyed working cattle, cooking and spending time with his kids.

Jim is survived by one daughter, Nicole Williams of Fall River, Kansas; one son, Reed Williams and fiancee, Eve Buettell of Moline, Kansas; parents, R.E. and Beverly Williams of Moline, Kansas; sister, Juli Wilhite and husband, Curtis of Leon, Kansas; and Sherry Williams of Alva, Oklahoma and Gwen Bliss of Longton, Kansas.

Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service will be held Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Countryside Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with  Pastor Robin Haines officiating.  Memorials may be made to the Elk County 4-H Council and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website) 

Catwoman

My thoughts and prayers are with the Williams family.  So sorry to hear this.

Nadine

My heart is saddened by the loss of my classmate.  Prayers for the family.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk