ARNDT, William A. Jr. "Bill" - b. September 14, 1957 - d. September 20, 2006

Started by Janet Harrington, October 05, 2006, 08:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

William A. Arndt, Jr., 49, of Sacramento, Calif. died Wednesday evening, September 20, 2006, after being struck by a vehicle in Sacramento.  Bill was born on September 14, 1957 at Arkansas City, Kansas to William Arthur and Maridene Louise (Harris) Arndt.  He was baptized at Hillside Christian Church in North Kansas City, Missouri as a young teen.  He graduated from North Kansas City High School in 1975.  Bill left Kansas City in 1987 for Seattle, Washington and later moved to Portland, Oregon before moving to Sacramento in 1999.

Bill is survived by his parents, Maridene L. Arndt of Kansas City, Missouri and William A. Arndt of Neosho, Missouri; his stepmother, Deanna K. Arndt of Neosho, Missouri; one brother, Milton D. Arndt; one sister, Sharla K. Meyer; one nephew, Waylon T. Arndt; two nieces, Loren L. Arndt and Prudence L. Courtemanche; and one great-nephew, Krishan D. Nelson, all of Kansas City.

Graveside memorial services will be held at 11:00 a.m on Saturday, October 7, 2006 at Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard, Kansas with Dr. Paul Lee and Pastor Ron Bradley of the Howard United Methodist Church officiating.  Cremation has taken place.  In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions to the  Methodist Church in Howard in care of the Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.  The funeral arrangements are being made with the Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard, Kansas.

(I added this obit as I believe that William Arndt is some relation to Sheriff Arthur Arndt.  If someone knows for sure, please let me know.)

Wilma

His father's middle name is Arthur.  Maybe that is some indication.  Do the ages work out that he could have been Sheriff Arndt's grandson?

Janet Harrington

I think he could have been a grandson.  It would seem feasible since they are burying him in Howard.  I'm pretty sure that Sheriff Arndt had a son named William, but I'll have to do some digging.

Milton Arndt

Yes, William A. Arndt Jr. was the grandson of Sheriff Arthur Arndt.

frawin

I remember this man's father, Bill, very well.  He was in my sister Phyllis' class, the Howard High Class of 1950. Bill married one of the Harris girls from Moline (the Harris' that had the Hatchery).

DrFrisbie

Sheriff Arndt was my great grandfather. Would love to hear from anyone that could share some stories.

Dr. Austin Frisbie
Joplin, Mo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk